Before Mr. Laycox's death in 1985 his oil paintings were presented in Group Exhibitions
- The Fresno Art Center.
- San Bernardino County Art Museum.
- Zellerbach Center, San Francisco.
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, San Jose.
- Crocker Museum of Art in Sacramento.
- The Brand Art Museum in Glendale, California.
Mr. Laycox has been honored previously with
exhibitions of his oil paintings and watercolors by:
- The Society of Western Artists Annuals
in San Francisco, Ca.
- The Wichita Centennial in Wichita Kansas
- The Palace of Fine Arts
Festival in San Francisco
- The Contemporary American Art Exhibitions in Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan
- The American Watercolor Society in New York City.
- The West Coast Water Color
- The Royal Watercolor Society of London, and many others.
Corporation Patrons include:
- Cargil Corporation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Ethyl Corporation, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
and Clorox Corporation, Oakland, California. Among others are International Business
Machines, Hanover Trust Company and the National Science Foundation. Recent public and
corporate commissions include those by Delta Air Lines for 35 paintings in their fine arts
services, Williamhouse Regency Cards for a series of water colors and by General Tire
International Corporation for a series of oil paintings for world-wide distribution.
- Among museums which have shown Laycox paintings are the DeYoung of San Francisco, the
Royal Watercolor Society of London and the National Academy AWS Annuals in New York City.
Laycox is a highly sought-after jurist and lecturer. Recently he presented lectures for
the University of California and was a member of the jury at both the California Statewide
Exhibition and the Santa Clara County Fair. He has also served as both a lecturer and jury
member at the Society of Western Artists in San Francisco. His publications include his
book, "Dramatic paintings From Familiar Scenes" and Limited Edition Prints by
Gallery Americana publications.
- Mr. Laycox has been recognized in Who's Who in American Art, Who's Who in the West, the
International Encyclopedia of Artists, International Who's Who in Art and Antiques and in
Personalities of the West. Jack Laycox studied at the University of California, San
Francisco State University and the Institute Allende in Mexico. He possesses a degree in
© Copyright 2001 Hammett Family Estate - All Rights Reserved
Web Site: www.jacklaycox.net